This past year I challenged myself to blog once per week, and in December I challenged myself to blog once per day. Now both challenges are over and done. There was only one week this year, in July, when I wasn't able to at least throw something up on the blog and that was due to my internet being out. Then in December I was late posting for one day because I worked late, joined a friend for a late dinner, and didn't get home until after midnight so I had to make up for it by posting twice the next day.
I have mixed feelings about the challenges. On one hand I'm glad I stuck it out and I'm proud of myself for having done so. On the other hand there were times it felt more like a chore and like I could have done better in regards to content.
But as I say goodbye to 2014 I thought I'd update on a few of the things I blogged about over the year.
- Scarf project - I'm still working on it but it's currently less than two feet long so progress has been fairly slow.
- Costume pictures - There are still no good pictures of me in the costume. Trying to coordinate my sister's schedule, my schedule, and the weather has proven difficult.
- My guy friend (PBJ) - We're still friends and things are still complicated.
- My summertime cough - I tested negative for whooping cough, yet I read somewhere that the cough associated with whooping cough can last for 12 weeks. Mine lasted from the third week in June to the middle of September - just about 12 weeks. My friend (PBJ) also had the same horrible cough, his also lasted about 12 weeks. I wonder if it was a false negative for whooping cough? If not I wonder what the hell we had.
- School - In for penny, in for a pound, right? I signed up for six classes next semester. I anticipate not having a lot of free time, but maybe this way I can end in the summer instead of next December - fingers crossed.
- Graduation Celebration Vacation - I still really want to do this but I'm still undecided about where to go, how much I can afford, and whether I really am brave enough to go it alone.
Finally I want to say a big, heartfelt THANK YOU!!! to all those who commented on my blog throughout this year. It really meant a lot to me and I wish I had had more time to personally answer each one.
Blogging should definitely not feel like a chore. Just find a way to blog about what you want when you want. FWIW, I think you have the courage to take that celebratory trip. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteThere are days/weeks/months where there's just too much going on to be able to blog. I like the challenge as a way of keeping up, but it's sometimes just too much. I've not been able to comment this month, but I've been impressed that you did a post a day the entire month! (Ok, so it was last month, now, lol)
ReplyDeleteI think you should do the trip! I did several trips on my own - for each I did part of the trip completely by myself, and then I joined a group, so I wasn't completely on my own. I had a great time, and am so glad I went.