Saturday, December 27, 2014
Blog Challenge Day 27: A Qoute You Try to Live By
As a perfectionist I tend to put things off worrying that it won't be perfect whenever I do get around to starting. I do this both for boring things like homework projects and for fun things like taking up drawing again. I just get so worried about things going wrong, or not feeling truly ready to start that I have to remind myself it's okay to not be perfect or not be completely ready. I just need to start from wherever I am and go from there, otherwise I'll never get to do the things I need and want to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I sometimes tell my perfectionist art students to do a major failure, but make it glorious. It tends to de-stress them, and then they can move on to have a more positive experience.
ReplyDelete