Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Blog Challenge Day 18: A Problem That You Have Had

Lately my biggest problem has been getting to bed at a decent hour. My work schedule right now has me coming home in time to eat a late dinner and get ready for bed so I can wake up in the morning and do it all over again. But because it is a busy and stressful season at work I find that I need time to decompress after coming home and this is where I begin to run into problems.

I spend so much time decompressing that I start to get tired and find myself falling asleep while on the computer, watching TV, or reading a book. I also tend to delay getting ready for bed because I know it will take me an hour or longer due to taking my shower at night. Logic says that delaying getting ready for bed is what costs me the most time, but trying to convince my over-tired brain to drag my butt to the shower is practically a herculean task. So I end up taking a nap sometime around midnight just so I can wake up a few hours later, take a shower, and then go to bed.

The disrupted sleep plus the stress and scheduling of work cause the cycle to happen over and over again right now.

But, truth be told, as a night owl I tend to have this problem all year long. I can't remember the last time I got to bed before midnight and can probably count on one hand the number of times I did so in the past year. It's just that during every other season it is just me being stupid and not wanting to go to bed, despite knowing I need to. But this time of year I really do need that decompression time and have nowhere to squeeze it in without sacrificing sleep.

I'm so glad I had today off from work. Maybe I can actually get to bed early tonight and get my sleep schedule somewhat corrected.





2 comments:

  1. Water is my way of decompressing, whether it be in the form of showering or swimming. I shower at night too, and then climb into bed and watch TV. I hope your work craziness eases up so you can get some more relaxation time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I don't get some tv time before bed, I don't feel relaxed...it has a way to shut my brain off. I don't fall asleep in front of it but just sleep better if I can watch before bed

    ReplyDelete