Pages

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Blog Challenge Day 25: Something You're Currently Worrying About

I worry that it might already be too late. I worry that my fertile peak has come and gone and that my fertility could be declining. I worry about this, not just because of my age, which, while not ideal, is still a relatively fertile age for most women, but because my sister has endometriosis and I know that having a close relative with it can increase a person's chances of having it. I also know that not everyone has the pain that accompanies endo but they can still have the condition. Beyond that I know exploratory surgery is the only definitive way of diagnosing it. I worry because I have some of the symptoms of endo.

Then there is my second fertility worry - PCOS. I have already had my testosterone levels tested once and they were just above the normal range for a woman, which makes sense because I have some symptoms of that. PCOS, like endo, is another condition that seems to manifest differently in each person, as well as being difficult to definitively diagnose. I have had a pelvic ultrasound which showed no tell-tale "string of pearls" but then I've heard that not having that doesn't always mean no PCOS.

Finally, there is a family history of fibroids, which I believe raises my risk of getting them, though none showed up on my ultrasound. What did show up, though was a teeny tiny polyp.

I have consulted Dr. Google (as well as real doctors) on all these conditions and I am amazed how similar the symptoms are for each of them. And I have at least a couple symptoms or risk factors for them all.

So this is why I worry and wonder if it may already be too late. And what will having to wait longer do to me? I still need to finish school, get a good-paying job, and establish myself in my own home/apartment. All this waiting and worrying is driving me crazy.

And after all that - Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Legitimate worries for sure. I wish I had some advice for you. I just hope you're able to create your family without struggle

    ReplyDelete