Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Blog Challenge Day 16: "What if..."

The long title for this one is "Something you always think 'what if...' about".

I always think what if I had gone to graduate school right after getting my Bachelor's. My life could be so different right now. I could have long-since had both my Master's and my PhD. Maybe I would have a fulfilling career that I loved. Maybe I would be living in my own home. Maybe I would have met "the one" in graduate school and we'd be happily married with a couple kids by now. Or maybe I would be up to my ears in debt, living with my parents, and working a crappy job.

There's just no way of knowing or predicting how things might have turned out if I had chosen differently. And while it's sad to think my life could have been a lot better, it's also good to remind myself that this path has not been without its share of good things too. Still, it's fun sometimes to imagine myself as the intrepid, globe-trotting archaeologist I could have been.

1 comment: