Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Blog Challenge Day 9: How Important You Think Education Is

It's timely that this one should come in the middle of finals week.

For me there are two sides to education, formal and informal, and I think they are both quite important and work together to advance learning.

On the formal side I think everyone should be educated at least through a high school level, but beyond that the choice to do further education should be left up to the individual.
Some people do well in college and an advanced degree (or three!) is the right choice for them. Even those who struggle in education can still benefit from college if a specific job is their goal and they are willing to work hard.
However, for some people further education is simply not the best choice, whether they would do well or not. In this case jobs that don't require a degree might be the best option.

Outside of formal education I think it is important that people be life-long learners. It doesn't matter how many degrees you have, or if you don't have any at all, everyone can learn something new every day from all kinds of different sources. We just need to be open to absorbing any new information.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed & agreed! I'm really enjoying getting to know you through this challenge!

    ReplyDelete