Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Blog Challenge Day 14: What You Wore Today

Work got in the way yesterday and I never found the time to blog so today is a two-fer!

I'm a little disappointed this particular challenge fell on a Sunday. Sunday is laundry day and chores day and because of that I wear the kind of clothes that are fit to do chores in.

As I sit here and type this I have no makeup on and my hair is pulled into a messy braid. Not exactly picture-worthy. I guess I will have to describe my outfit instead.

I've got on a dark blue Scotland t-shirt with a white Celtic-style "S"on the front. I try to get a t-shirt when I visit different places and I got this one in Scotland on my last trip there. The first time I wore it at home I was taking my suitcase to the basement to put back in storage and I brushed up against an upholstered chair and somewhere on that chair was a hidden nail that caught my t-shirt and ripped a tiny little hole in it. I was so disappointed. Eventually I managed to find some thread that matched perfectly and patched up the hole. T-shirts aren't the easiest to mend holes in but it looks okay and has held up for a couple years now.

Under my t-shirt I have on a white long-sleeved shirt because it's cold.

My jeans today are about one to two sizes too big. I swear when I tried them on at the store that they were just about right. But when I got them home it was like they had grown a size. Usually my clothes magically shrink between the store and home but these went the opposite. I have lost a little weight since I bought them so I'm sure that contributes but they are too wide in the waist, too long in the leg and just generally not flattering. Anyone else have this happen where something looks great in the store and you get home and you're like "what was I thinking?!"

Over my t-shirt I'm also wearing what I call a "house sweater". Basically a plain grey zip-up hoodie that I wear around the house as an extra layer of warmth, because it's cold.

Finally, I will share a picture of my socks. My dad buys Christmas socks for us every year and I've got a pretty healthy collection of them now so I try to wear them as often as possible between Thanksgiving and Christmas. These have pictures of bells on them and the writing spells Jingle.




1 comment:

  1. Ha...I have a "house sweater" too! And good for you for wearing X/Mas socks ...I always forget - need to go dig them up!

    ReplyDelete