Once when I was on Po.st S.ecret I saw a post from a man about getting a secret vasectomy right before he and his wife started trying for child number two. He explained they had no money for fertility tests and bragged that he was getting "it" a lot while never worrying about creating another kid. Meanwhile I'm sure his wife was getting frustrated and sad every month she couldn't get pregnant. This brings me to reason number two why I'm happy I'm single:
2. TTC
I choose when I want to start a family - I don't have to nag some poor guy until he gives in, likewise there's no one pushing me before I'm sure.
I can choose what method to use and if I want to try IUI five times before moving to IVF then it's nobody's money but my own. And if I decide I need to move to donor eggs, donor embryos, or adoption I can do so without a partner's objections.
I decide how many children I want (with the exception of multiples) and don't have to worry about a significant other wanting more or fewer. (See the above-mentioned jerk)
And I decide when I've had enough and feel I need to stop TTC without feeling as though I'm letting down my significant other if they want to give it another try.
Wow! He was a jerk! It's guys like him who give men a bad name. Even in the Catholic Church, that is grounds for divorce. You're right. As single women we get to make our own decisions- something I wish I had realized long ago.
ReplyDeleteWow! That is a pretty low thing for a guy to do...& pretty cowardly!
ReplyDeleteI love this reason too.
ReplyDeleteI feel so bad for the wife of the dirt bag. I hope she finds/found out sooner rather than later and divorces/divorced him. The pain she must feel is way worse since there's such a huge deception involved.
Welcome Val! That's good that you're planning ahead. I know I've learned so much since I started blogging and following the other wonderful ladies who blog about becoming and being a SMC.
ReplyDelete