I have observed the following happen to my married friends and family and I don't envy them fot it:
7. The Holidays
Your grandparents want you to come for Thanksgiving, your in-laws want you to come for Christmas, but wait - your side of the family will all be at your parents' house this year, including your favorite aunt you hardly ever see. Did Uncle Bob forget to mention he'd really like to see you and meet the baby on New Years?? During Christmas the in-laws invited you to come again at Easter but your parents are upset, they didn't get to see you guys for the past two holidays, but your husband's parents live 2,000 miles away and they're upset because they feel like they never get to see you, or their son, or the baby. The holidays, a time of family togetherness, are turning into one gigantic family feud and now all you want to do is stay home...
If I become a SMC then I will have exactly two options for holidays - go to the one person/family that is hosting or stay home. Things are much less chaotic that way.
This might sound bad but a couple years after my folks divorced when I was a kid we stopped going to see both sides of the family at Christmas. This made me happy and it made Christmas much more enjoyable.
ReplyDeleteThis is definitely a plus of being single! I love not feeling pulled in every direction!
ReplyDelete