Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

You Lost Our Life Savings Playing Poker?!?!

I worry about money - who doesn't?? Right now I'm on a monetary diet to help pay more on my student loan. I've had to budget and I've done well sticking to it. This brings me to reason number six why I'm happy I'm single:

6. Finances
 Partners can be a boon to finances, but they can also be a detriment. I have a friend whose husband gambled away the savings account her parents had started for her. I'm so glad I don't have to worry about that. Neither do I have to argue about who pays the bills (I actually like being the one in charge of this). And I don't have to worry about keeping track of someone who is irresponsible with the money we are supposed to share.
And while baby-making might turn out to be expensive (not to mention the expenses of child-rearing) at least it is only my money on the line and I don't have the guilt of feeling like I'm spending too much of "our" money in the pursuit of one goal.

On a different note - Happy Valentine's Day!!

The cookies I made for today, yum yum!

2 comments: