Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Celebrating Singledom in the Month of Love

So it's February now and the stores are brimming with chocolates, stuffed animals, Valentine cards and enough pink and red to blind a person. And typical of nearly every year in my life I don't have a significant other for the 14th. But this year, rather than drown my sorrows in a pint of chocolate peanut butter ice cream, I'm going to celebrate all the things I like about being single. And I made a list of them. So, without further ado (but in no particular order) here is reason number one:

1. I get the bed all to myself.
I can spread out, lay whichever way I want, toss and turn and never once worry about being a space invader or waking someone else up.
All the pillows are mine and I can surround myself with as many as I need.
All the blankets are mine and you better believe I'll be piling on more if it's cold or pushing them off when it's hot.
I don't have someone else's cold feet poking me and I'm not annoying them with mine.
I can deck out my bed in purple flowery sheets and no one will protest.
When I go to bed late at night I'm not waking anyone up. And nobody wakes me with their before-the-sunrise schedule.
And best of all - I don't have to listen to anyone snoring!

4 comments:

  1. I find that the one place I feel most single is when I have the bed to myself. But you make a good list of reasons that is also a good thing. Although I do have dogs that snore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had the bed to myself (except for the dogs) for so long now that I don't even know how I would sleep with someone else again. One of the things I do appreciate about being single is that I do not have to answer to anyone about my schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate Valentines Day! Even when I had a partner...it's good to look at the bright side of being single!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent idea celebrating singledom. I love this reason too.

    ReplyDelete