Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Breaking Up is Hard to Do

Another great advantage to being single:

9. No chance of divorce

Even with the best of outcomes I imagine that shared custody of a child or children would be hard. Birthdays and holidays have to be split. Either with a morning/evening split or a "you get the kids this Christmas, I get them next Christmas" kind of thing. And it seems like some parents try to one-up the other parent in the gift-giving department - almost like a competition to see who can spoil the kids more.
Also, what if your ex decides to get married again and you don't like their new spouse? What if you don't want that person around your children?
And if the divorce isn't amicable then the children are the ones who suffer the most, constantly having their loyalties torn between two people. Hearing one parent bash the other and vice versa. Such a sad situation for all involved.

1 comment:

  1. More than ever being married, I never wanted to be divorced! No worry of that now!!

    ReplyDelete