| Image courtesy of Google Images |
I love, love, love reading. For me it has always been a fun escape and a way to soothe my adventurous side. I just love it when characters in books begin to feel like old friends and you can't wait to get back to the book to see what happens to them next. I've even added a page called the Library where I keep track of all the different book series I'm in the middle of. The page is still under construction but feel free to check it out.
| My recent attempt at Key Lime with meringue |
I also enjoy baking, especially desserts. Cakes, cupcakes, cheesecakes, cookies, pies, you name it. Heck, I even enjoy making desserts that don't need baking like ice cream and trifles, yum! Cooking on the other hand...well, that's a work in progress. I am not one of those cooks that can just pull stuff out of the pantry and throw it together to make a fantastic meal. No, I must always have a recipe on hand to follow.
| My latest vacation |
Traveling is another thing I enjoy. I have a goal to visit all seven continents (I've been to three!!!) and all fifty states (I've only been to thirteen so far since I don't count airports). Traveling also goes hand in hand with another favorite thing of mine, Anthropology/Archaeology, which I have my bachelors degree in. I feel like a wide-eyed child when I travel to a new place. It's such an experience just absorbing the sights, sounds, smells, and energy of a different culture. It makes me feel connected with both the present and the past.
Well, that's certainly not the extent of what I enjoy but it is getting late so I will continue this when my brain isn't so sleepy. Goodnight!
Great post idea! It's nice to get to know someone beyond the usual stuff in SMC blog entries.
ReplyDeleteThe pie looks YUMMY! Traveling is one of my passions, too. I've made it to 6 continents - Australia is the only one left - and there are SO many more cities, states and countries on my TBV list (to be visited list, similar to the TBR pile - aka: to be read pile).