Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Friends - What if Part 3

Sometime last year my friend K and I were talking about what we'd do if we never got husbands. To test the waters I jokingly threw out that I would go to the "special" bank and get myself knocked up. She replied that as long as I didn't go and sleep with some random guy that it would be okay.
I'm sure she was joking as well and has no idea that I would actually pursue the bank option but when the time comes I may just have to remind her of what she said.

So, of my friends:

EM and KK already have kids. EM will be supportive but she lives a few towns away. I suspect KK will be supportive but she could go either way depending on how inflluenced she is by her husband.

AH, P, and B like children but don't want any of their own. They will be amazed that I would choose to have a child by myself but will probably be supportive.

K will probably feel like I've betrayed the single girl's club...she'll eventually come around...I hope.

As for my guy friends, I have actually already mentioned my plans to the two I'm closest with. N expressed the wish that I don't give up so soon on finding a husband and PBJ is very indecisive about the subject. One minute he tells me I'm selfish, the next minute he's offering to be a male role model.

The more I think about it the less I feel as though my friends will reject me, but one thing I do know for sure - this will make me a subject of gossip among them. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment