Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Down to the Wire

It's crunch time on one of my projects as I now have less than two months left to do the majority of what needs to be done on it.

For the past several years I have made elaborate costumes for Halloween. It started out as a way to indulge a childhood fantasy of mine, which was to be a belly dancer. So I made my own belly dance costume and after that it was just kind of expected at our annual family party that I would debut a new creation.

But the kind of costumes I do are fairly expensive and time-consuming to make and then I only really get to wear them once or twice at most.

So before I began this costume over a year ago I decided it would be my grand finale. I've gone through three different dress designs, even going so far as to make most of one dress before changing my mind. Then I got busy with school and work, and instead of working on the costume I kept putting it off. It was supposed to be done for last Halloween and now I'm scrambling to get it ready for this one. I'm hoping when it is done I'll have the time to do a picture post of everything that has gone into it as I am aiming for it to be the most elaborate costume I've ever done.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck handling the crunch time of school! As for the costume, I am always amazed that you are able to be so creative.

    ReplyDelete