Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Adventure-itis

No deep thoughts this week, though I have been feeling a little less numb. Mostly I've been dreaming about the graduation vacation I talked about a while ago.
There's a road trip I've been fantasizing about for several years and I'm thinking once I start working full-time again I won't have enough time to do it justice until I hit retirement - and who knows how my life will be then.
Still, it's a big trip to take on and I'm not sure if any of my friends are crazy enough to join me, but at least it's fun to think about.


5 comments:

  1. I might have missed it, but what is this grand adventure? I have plenty of dream travels but have never taken the risk. That is one of my regrets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry you didn't miss it! I just think it's such a crazy idea I was hesitant to put it on here, but my fantasy road trip is a circuit of the US (the perimeter of the lower 48), visiting lots of national parks and other historic places and cities along the way.

      Delete
  2. Glad you're feeling a little better!

    I was lucky enough to have money to go on some great trips, back before I decided to have kids on my own. I'm SO glad I did them - the trips gave me something sooner and more concrete to look forward to, and they were wonderful experiences. I hope you get to do your road trip (would love to hear more details!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travel is so enriching, I'm glad you got to take some great trips while you had the chance! I will be sure to share more details as I look into the trip and decide whether it is feasible or not.

      Delete
  3. Road trips are an easy way to travel alone but also much more fun with friends.

    ReplyDelete