Time seems to be speeding up for most things these days, except work and school, but this year summer especially felt as though it was over in a flash. It feels almost like I went to bed in May and woke up in September and summer was just a brief dream I had.
High temperatures are predicted to be in the 80's for this coming week, and yet ever since September began it has felt like fall in the air. I wonder if that has to do with the sun slowly changing position in the sky so our days are shorter and we get less direct heat?
Whatever the cause it feels like summer is over and I missed out on many of the things I look forward to in summertime. I didn't even get to make ice cream once and I remember thinking last winter how I couldn't wait for summer so I could try making a couple new flavors. Oh well, I guess there's no rule that says you can't enjoy ice cream in the fall and winter too.
But I also missed out on camping and vacationing. I got out of town for only one night this summer to go with my family to a concert in a nearby city. That was the first time I had left town in over a year. Ugh. It just makes me doubly determined to plan some sort of vacation for when I finally finish this degree.
Sorry your summer has been so busy! I can definitely tell you ice cream is enjoyable at any time of year. :-)
ReplyDeleteI agree September came way to fast this year. It was weird, during the summer it didn't feeling like it was going too fast but then all of a sudden it was September! & for the record, ice cream is good ANY time of the year :)
ReplyDelete