Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

As Ye Blog So Shall Ye Facebook

On my blog this year I have tried to write a post at least once a week as my main challenge for the year. So far so good. But I realized that if I can update my blog weekly then maybe I should also try taking a little more time to connect with my friends on Facebook.

Over the years I have sorely neglected my FB page and by extension my friends. I don't think I've changed my profile picture, or even added any new pictures in over a year. Sometimes I've even been too lazy (or alternately shy) to "like" a post, much less comment on it. And yet FB has become one of the few ways to keep in touch with my friends who are now mostly scattered all over the country.

I do believe in the saying that "In order to have a friend you must first be one". 

I don't want to lose my friends or have them think I don't care. I also don't want them to feel as if they are the only ones making an effort in the friendship.

So, to that point I have stepped up my "likes" on other people's posts as well as tried to comment more. I have also attempted to update my own status at appropriate opportunities. These are all baby steps of course, but every little bit helps, I hope.


2 comments:

  1. Every little bit helps (says the now FB addict). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this idea. I was pretty quiet on facebook too up until about a year ago. Now if I actually contacted some friends and made plans that would be a good step forward.

    ReplyDelete