Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

Knitting Project Update - Progress!

Okay, last time I left off I was getting frustrated and turning to YouTube for help. I'm happy to say that I did not have to quit on February 1st as intended because I finally made it past the casting on and past the first row. The YouTube videos were incredibly helpful for figuring out how the beads were to be incorporated and once I got beyond the first few rows I was well on my way! I've even gotten the hang of knitting on such a small scale. Here is a picture of the rather inelegant beginning of the scarf (it's actually longer now and looks a lot better).

After several hours of knitting!

Anyway, it has become obvious to me that this scarf will take a long time to knit. I've got no problem with that, as long as I don't put the project down for too long. I find it is easy to do while watching TV which means it is the perfect companion to my blossoming TV addiction. But, I do need to work on some other projects. So, my plan is to begin the other projects and do them during my free time and I will continue to work on the scarf during TV time (yes, free time and TV time are separate, I would feel more shame for that if it weren't for the multitasking I'm doing).


1 comment:

  1. My poor grandma tried so hard to teach me how to knit, but I just can't get it. I'm amazed by anyone who can. And yes, multitasking is important while watching tv ;) Unless it's a show I have to pay attention to to figure out who did it. . .lol ;)

    ReplyDelete