I made up my mind to contact the bank and see if they could raise my pre-approval amount. I thought there might be some wiggle room because she asked me to name a number when I first got the pre-approval and then she commented something like, "oh, so you're not seeking something way out of range".
So I emailed her and asked about it, wondering what was the highest they'd be willing to go, to see if the condo I was interested in was anywhere within range. At the same time I emailed my parents' realtor again to see if she would respond this time.
The next evening (I can't check email at work) I got emails from both of them. The lady at the bank said they could raise the amount by a "little" but didn't specify a number. She did ask how much the place I was interested in was listed at. The realtor said she'd be happy to work with me then sent another email asking which place I was interested in.
I responded to the bank that if they could only raise the rate a little then I would assume the place was out of my price range, but I did tell her the price of the one I was looking at. I decided I'd wait to respond to the realtor to see if the bank came up with a more exact number.
The next evening I, again, had an email from the bank. She said they could get my pre-approval amount within about $5,000 of the place I was looking at. She did say it would make a difference if the place was a condo or manufactured home as opposed to a regular home. I didn't dare to hope, but I fired off an email to the realtor telling her which property I was interested in and what times I was free to meet with her. Then I emailed the bank and explained that it was a condo and asked about the differences that would make.
The next day I received emails from both of them again. The bank said it would depend on the property tax and asked for the address of the place. The realtor said "Oh, that's such a great place. They just put in new floors and fresh paint and it was on the market for so long, but it's under contract now. Go figure!!!!" Then she said she had no weekend times free to meet but could meet with me before I go to work Monday morning.
I sent an email to the lady at the bank thanking her for her work in helping me, but that the place was under contract now. I haven't yet emailed the realtor because I'm undecided on what to do. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have someone looking out for different properties coming on the market. I guess I just don't have much faith that another property will show up that excites me and also happens to be in my price range.
No comments:
Post a Comment