Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Six?

The way things stand right now, I have to be honest and say I might not make the August 2017 TTC deadline. This would be the third time pushing back the start date for TTC and I'm starting to feel like a broken record.

But my reasons are as follows:

I might be out of a job by the end of this year. My boss has declared that she will retire and if she can't find a buyer by December then she will close.

I have no idea what my health insurance situation will be next year. I have it for this year and I will use it to get some much-needed check-ups.

I still do not have a home of my own and now, with my job situation being up in the air, I'm not sure if moving out is the best option. The worst part is, if I end up switching jobs or starting my own business then the bank is going to scrutinize a home loan application even more than they would right now. I feel caught between a rock and a hard place. My only consolation is that there is nothing on the market I'm interested in right now. Last I checked, there were a total of only three places that fit my criteria (2 bed/1 bath) and were also in my price range. That's the market in my area right now - not a lot to pick from and most of it way over budget.

As for starting my own business - I really hope to do so this year. If I can't get it launched this year then perhaps I need to table the idea and spend my time concentrating on something else. But for now, working on my business is how I plan to spend February.

To conclude this month's update: I have decided that I will continue preparing for TTC; I just won't declare another start date until I have secured a house and a stable job.

2 comments: