Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

A Rose By Any Other Name

Guess what? The name I use on Blogger is not my real name. Surprised? Probably not, especially those who are friends with me on FB (I think only one of you is friends with me on there). Anyway, when I first started up this blog I chose the name because it represented my love for Ancient Egypt, and because that particular goddess was often considered the mother goddess. So I thought it was appropriate. Also, I've always thought the name was pretty.

Then it had to go and become an acronym for a group that has been popping up in the news a lot. And now the name seems synonymous with bad things and leaves me feeling vaguely uneasy whenever I post a comment on someone else's blog.

So, do I change the name (even if only by one letter)? Do I keep it? Does it really even matter one way or the other?

3 comments:

  1. I had the same thought. :) Maybe change it to Iris? (And I'd love to FB friends - email me! shannonblog at icloud dot com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris was the exact name I was thinking of changing it to!

      Delete
  2. I like Iris! I'd love to be FB friends too...you can email me at t.like.tara (at) gmail.com to connect if you want :)

    ReplyDelete