Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

The More Things Change...

As you might have noticed I did end up changing my name on this blog, and that's not the only thing that has changed.

The most major thing is that my boyfriend and I broke up, or rather we went back to being just friends. It finally dawned on me that he was more interested in the chase than he was in the actual relationship, and that is possibly the explanation for why his attitude changed so much after we officially started dating. There are more issues at play in the break-up (I'm not going to pretend it was all his fault and that I was 100% the perfect girlfriend) but our lives are too enmeshed to make a clean break and I know we both still care for each other, so friends it is. We'll see how it goes.

In other news, I drive by the construction site for my future apartment every day to and from work. Construction started in July and things are really starting to take shape! Sadly, the projected finish date for the complex looks to be late Spring or early Summer of 2016. Still, I think it will be worth the wait, and if I don't exactly move out before my goal of May 2016, at least I will be moving out shortly after!

Speaking of Spring 2016, I hope to have the grand opening for my business around that time. I am both excited and extremely nervous. Things are moving a little slow right now as I have rethought the name about three times, which is holding up some of the necessary paperwork, but in the meantime I'm trying to work on anything else that I can do to get this thing launched.

However....the more things change the more they stay the same. After last year's epic costume I swore I was done with costume making, but another idea kept setting fire to my imagination until I found myself at the end of September suckered into creating it. And, like most of the costumes I've created, it ended up being more complicated than I ever thought it would be, resulting in me staying up until 3am two nights prior to my family's Halloween party, plus working on the costume during my lunch break at work, then rushing home the night of the party to do a few last minute, but very necessary things. I've never cut it so close to the wire trying to finish a costume, and while I love how it turned out, I was kind of disappointed by my family's ho-hum reaction and the fact that there were only about three of us dressed up out of the 10 of us at the party. :-(
Currently I have no ideas for next year so this year might well and truly be the last of my homemade Halloween costumes.

Anyway, the costume is my excuse, once again, for not blogging or reading blogs in a while. I need to catch up with all the many things I put off while doing the costume and then I need to come back here and do a couple more posts because there is so much more I need to talk about!

No comments:

Post a Comment