Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Replies

I know some of you that are still reading have asked questions recently about some of the different things on my blog, and as far as I know Blogger still does not notify anyone except me when there is a reply to a comment. So, I thought I would take the time to answer and respond in this post.

Shannon - You asked about the Pull-Apart Pizza Bread recipe. I wasn't able to snap a picture of the one I made but I thought it turned out pretty good. It was tasty, quick to put together, and easy to make. Here is where I got the recipe from. And here are some tips if you make it:
  • It shows canned biscuit dough in one of the pictures but I used canned pizza dough like the blogger suggested (apparently it is not as good with the biscuit dough). Also I think you could use an equivalent amount of homemade pizza dough.
  • I added fresh garlic (about 1 large and 1 medium clove minced).
  • I would recommend mixing the dough and oil in the bowl first, then adding the other ingredients and mixing them all together (otherwise the dough pieces start to re-stick to each other). Also, make sure you have a large bowl that will accommodate all the ingredients and still leave room to hand-mix them.
  • I used a nonstick bundt pan to bake it in, and I also sprayed the pan with oil - this caused it to get very dark on the outside (though not burnt) while waiting for the inside to cook. Next time I would not spray the pan - the oil in the recipe, combined with the nonstick pan, is probably enough to keep the bread from sticking to the pan.
  • Mine was done baking after approximately 40 minutes (after checking to make sure the bread inside was cooked through). I probably could have pulled it a little earlier (it was kind of hard to tell if what I was seeing was melted cheese or uncooked bread dough).

Ali -  I take some of my classes online and some at the campus. Sadly the campus does not have athletic facilities so there is no access to a pool through the school. However, I may ask at my gym if they offer any special student rate. I would love to continue having access to a pool.

Tiara - I have thought about traveling alone but it does make me nervous. Besides safety I think I am most nervous about figuring out transportation. Especially if I didn't have my own car. Airplanes I could do fairly well, but taxis, buses, trains, subways, and rental cars are things I don't have a lot of experience with. And, much to my dismay, I am not the world's greatest navigator, even with a GPS, LOL! But I am encouraged by the fact that you had a good experience, and I am continuing to plan/dream about a graduation vacation!

Everyone Else - Thank you for your comments, they really do mean a lot to me and they definitely brighten my day! I always appreciate hearing from those who read my blog and if you have questions feel free to ask.


No comments:

Post a Comment