Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Fantasyland

Sometimes for fun I like to plan vacations. I look up hotels and flights and the activities I would do at my destination. Or I plan a road trip and all the places I would stop along the way.

And with summer pretty much here vacations have been on my mind a lot lately. I haven't been on a vacation in two years, I haven't been camping in about eight years, and I haven't even ventured beyond my town's borders in almost one whole year.

I love traveling so much that not going anywhere in a while has me really itching to go somewhere this summer. It wouldn't even have to be anyplace foreign. I could be perfectly happy with a weekend of camping at a nearby campground. Something to look forward to, plus something to shake up this routine of work/school/work/school would be great.

What I would really love, though, is to plan a vacation for after I finish classes next year. Sort of like a graduation present to myself. I would love to pick somewhere foreign or at least somewhere out of state. It would be such a nice reward for getting this second degree and it would be motivation to get through some of the more boring and/or anxiety-inducing classes that I have yet to take.

But reality is I have finances to think about, and the two people I would most want to vacation with have financial issues of their own; not to mention coordinating schedules can be difficult (Edited to add: what I should say is the two people who would be most likely to be up for vacationing with me - all my other friends are either not interested, definitely not able, or would rather vacation with their husbands and kids). Still it is a fun fantasy to have, thus I am off to check on more flights and continue dreaming.




1 comment:

  1. I do something similar to curb my shopaholic tendancies...I go online to my fav stores & fill the shopping cart with all the clothes I'd love to buy then check the total, choke at how much it would all cost...then close my browser but feel like I'd done some major shopping...

    I firmly believe you should take a trip to treat yourself after finishing school, even if it's a small one. Have you thought about travelling alone? I was nervous too at first but actully loved it so much! Being free to make my own plans without anyone else to worry about or accomodate!

    ReplyDelete