Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Riding the Low

I keep meaning to work on my sewing project, which is really my only project with a deadline right now (other than schoolwork), but it seems to be the first thing shoved to the back burner. Instead I have been doing homework and studying, cooking and baking, reading and chores.

I realize I haven't updated on PBJ. Things were going fairly well. He gave me a really nice, really sweet card for my birthday. I went and saw his play, we talked a lot about where things stood between us.
I actually kind of started picturing the two of us together for real, thinking that perhaps I was being a little too picky and that maybe I should give him a chance in a real relationship. But then just like that he pulled a Jekyll & Hyde. It's not the first time he's done this. He goes from being a really great friend to someone I don't want to be around at all. When he gets in these moods he knows which buttons of mine to push and continues pushing them after I ask him to stop. The only solution seems to be putting as much distance between us as possible until his bad mood passes. Otherwise he will continue to push me until I snap, then he gets mad at me for snapping. It royally pisses me off.

Then he apologizes once his bad mood passes and we become friends again. I know that couples and friends get in fights all the time and if you care about each other you are there for each other through the good times and the bad. And I do care about him even when he gets in these moods. I just know the root cause of these fights will come up again and again and eat away at any relationship base we could create, and this is just one among a couple of major problems between us that tells me he and I would not be compatible as something officially more than friends. I'll just have to remind myself of that when he starts being really sweet again.

Anyway, he and I are fighting right now and it has me depressed.

In other news I officially committed myself to making dinner three nights of the week, as well as some desserts, side dishes, and baked goods. So far this week I made Lemon Zucchini Bread, Chocolate Caramel Bites, and a Broccoli Tuna Casserole. And I'm on tap to make Sweet & Sour Chicken and Pull-Apart Pizza Bread in the next couple days. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that relationship sounds exhausting, but I understand. When it's good....

    Yay for cooking! The pizza bread sounds intriguing! Please share the recipe if it's good.

    ReplyDelete