Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Timeline to TTC, Take 2

Or, more accurately I guess this is Take 3, since my original plan was to start at age 30, then it got pushed back to 33+, now there's a chance it could be moved forward or backward depending on different things.

Anyway, a few posts back I talked about my prospective TTC timeline - finishing a Bachelors in my current field, which would take about three more years, then finding a job, then beginning TTC.

My original plan had been to take the credits I am earning at my current school and transfer them to an affiliated university to finish out the degree. However, my adviser informed me that most of the classes I have taken will no longer transfer as the other school has recently undergone some changes in accreditation and if I want to go there I will have to apply to start next spring and basically be starting at the bottom again. So that plan is out.

This leaves me two options within the same degree. There is another school that my classes will transfer to which offers a Bachelors program through night classes at my current school. Downside - it takes an extra year to finish the degree unless I want to commute an hour both ways to take day classes at the other school. Upside - I can work during the day if I take the night classes.

My other option is to get the Associates and try to find a job with that (I could always decide to go for the Bachelors later or at a slower pace). Apparently the school's department head works with the state to place students in state jobs. Upside - I'd be done with school in about a year. Downside - the pay rate can vary greatly without a Bachelors.

All that to say the timeline to TTC could now be as short as a year and a half! Or as long as 4+ years. :(

So, it's still not a concrete plan and it will likely change again but there's not much I can do about that at the moment.

Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. I know it's difficult when we feel like we are constantly waiting for things to happen. You've started a plan. Now you just have to figure out what is right for you -for now.

    ReplyDelete