I don't have very much experience with knitting and I'm almost positive that when I began this beaded scarf project back in 2011 that I hadn't knitted a stitch in my life.* I guess I was optimistic.
All the beads have been strung - turns out that was the easiest part. The casting on was a little confusing (got it down now) but making the first row of stitches has become an exercise in frustration. Technically it's not the actual knitting that is frustrating me (I believe I've got the technique down) but rather it is figuring out where the beads go. Also, the miniature scale of this project is enough to drive anyone insane. Anyway, I must have
tried at least 15 times or more to get the first row of stitches and so far no luck. Now, I'm afraid I'm fatiguing the thread as it is so thin to begin with.
Turns out the book that contains this project is rather vague on directions for knitting with beads and very skimpy on pictures. Brings back fond memories of working with sewing patterns.
So I've officially turned to YouTube and found some wonderful tutorials that just might get me past casting on. Fingers crossed because if I've not made it past that point by February 1st I'm going to have to put this project down and return to it at a later date.
*Since that time I have done some actual knitting (probably in 2012), nothing you would call a "finished project" though I was on my way to a rather beautiful dish rag. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment