I want to say thank you to everyone who commented recently on my posts about graduate school. Your comments were thought-provoking and much appreciated. Thank you for understanding what a big decision this is.
Jenny brought up an interesting point - that of future regrets. The short story is I already have them. I regret not going straight from undergrad to graduate school. I could have been about two years post PhD by now. Hindsight is 20/20. But I can't regret that too hard as I didn't even know what I wanted to focus on in graduate school until about three years after getting my Bachelors. Plus I needed the break. I regret that my "short" break turned into six years however.
Applications for graduate school are due sometime in April so I figure I have until March 1st to officially decide but after thinking about it and analyzing it to death I believe I have made a decision. One that I'm pretty happy about.
So, Shannon asked what does my heart of hearts tell me? It tells me no, don't go to graduate school right now. Working toward motherhood is what feels right to me. So very right. And in coming to that conclusion I feel a great need to kindle the fires of TTC. It's all I can do to remind myself that I still need a new job and a place of my own first. And there are still a few things I want to do prior to making the leap.
But is this the end for the dream of graduate school? Not hardly. I'm just wrapping my mind around a new timeline. Someday I will get there.
I'm so excited for you!!! What sort of timeline are you looking at for TTC?
ReplyDeleteOnly you know the timelines which work best for you. Best of luck for both endeavors. :-)
ReplyDelete