Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Possible Explanation

I ended up consulting Google and I think that I might have burst a cyst. No one has ever looked at my insides to confirm or deny the presence of cysts, burst or otherwise, so I can't be sure. But I couldn't believe how closely my symptoms matched to what I found.

If I had realized this last Sunday then I probably would have gone to the ER or something (Google makes it sound very scary). But since I'm still alive and not in pain I am thinking things are okay now and if I went to the doctor now they probably couldn't tell if I had burst one or not. I will mention it the next time I have an appointment though (or go to the hospital if it happens again just to be safe).

So now I have possible cysts and slightly elevated testosterone along with wacky cycles. Oh joy.

In other cycle news I'm ashamed to admit I didn't follow up with my doctor from my April appointment over her offer to refer me to an endocrinologist. I told her I would think about it and then preparation for my vacation, as well as the vacation itself, happened. That, plus needing at least half (if not a full) day off work to travel to an out-of-town appointment and trying to plan a time when my boss isn't on vacation (she's been gone at least one week per month this entire year) is proving to be difficult. I may just put off getting the referral until my next appointment which should be April/May of next year.

1 comment:

  1. I hope the cysts do not recur. I understand about the difficulty of scheduling time off for doctor appointments.

    ReplyDelete