Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Multiplication, What if - Part 5

What if I have multiples?


Courtesy of Google Images

Occasionally I find myself fantasizing about having twins. About picking out two names instead of one, having double the cute outfits, double the smiles, and double the love!

What doesn't enter into my fantasies are double the diapers, colic, teething, tantrums, lack of sleep, bills, and that I'd most likely have to have a C-section. Not to mention it would make breastfeeding more complicated, if not impossible. And the issues of having enough time and money would be multiplied.

No doubt about it, having twins as a single parent would be hard. I've seen the evidence on other blogs. Yet I would still feel blessed to be having a baby at all, let alone multiple babies.

But what would I, or could I, do to prepare for multiples?

Step one: Get over my loathing of hand-me-downs. I'm sure adding up the cost of all that baby gear and clothing (x2!) would help me get over this one fast!

Step two: Enlist the help of any friend or family member I could get my hands on. Something I would do with a single baby anyway, only I'd be more desperate insistent with twins.

Step three: Hold on tight and hope for the best. Obviously no one can predict how life with multiples will turn out. I'm sure I would be greeted by unpredictable hiccups and bumps in the road, but that is life.

And if I had triplets, or quads, or more?? Oh boy......can I cross that road if I come to it?



P.S. As per my previous post, my parents just found out their crib (a drop-side) has been banned, so I guess they'll be getting rid of that one anyway.

1 comment:

  1. I have thought about this too, and twins do run in my family. I used to work at a daycare, and I know how to somewhat juggle two kids at one time. But it is entirely different when you are the parent and never get a break. Financially, caring for twins would just barely be feasible. Twins are cute, but the idea also terrifies me!

    ReplyDelete