Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2018

Moving In


There was some alien technology in a movie I saw once which allowed a person’s brain to be remotely hooked up to a computer that would record the person’s thoughts. Every time I think about blogging I wish I had this technology. Throughout the days and weeks, I think about what I’d like to say here, but whenever I sit down in front of the computer to type, my mind goes blank. There’s so much to say and update.

New carpet was finally put in the master bedroom of my condo back in the middle of January. Who knew the holidays were a busy time for flooring places? After that, I was able to move a lot more of my stuff, but I still had a ton at my parents’ house. You never realize just how much stuff you have until you go to move it. 

At this point, though, my parents started dragging their feet, and admittedly, I did too. I wanted to get rid of some clutter instead of hauling it to the new place but I couldn’t seem to get around to weeding things out. I also wanted to get internet hooked up before moving and I wanted to finish some more of the renovation projects. Usually when I start stalling and making up excuses, it is because deep down I’m worried, or scared, or don’t know how to proceed.
 Here was the condo I had worked so hard for, the key to the life I was ready to begin. I’d owned it since the beginning of November and it was already the middle of February. With carpet and paint done, the master bedroom was now livable, why was I not moved in yet?
Eventually, I realized it was because I didn’t want to disrupt the routine I had built at my parents’ house and I was a little scared of living alone. Time to put on my big girl pants and get my butt out the door.

So, I put my foot down and declared the last weekend in February would be the weekend to move. I took that Friday off of work, and my parents and I hauled the rest of my stuff over to the new place. Tensions were high that weekend. My dad and I have very different ideas about how moving should be done and he was only begrudgingly willing to listen to what I wanted. This meant I was stressed, my dad was stressed, and on top of that, a friend who had agreed to help me move some of the heavier things was not only sick but had also hurt his knee. He was kind enough to help anyway and was really only needed for one item, so it wasn’t too much of a strain on him. Afterwards, we all went out to dinner and then I spent my first night at my place.

Ever since, I’ve been slowly unpacking, weeding through things, and attempting to get things in order. It is April now and I still pretty much live only in the master bedroom, master bath, and the kitchen. The rest of the condo is too freezing at the moment thanks to the perpetual winter we are having. I have projects in every room that need to be done and seemingly no time to do them. All in good time, I guess. Hopefully I can do a before/after post about some of the updates to the condo once more of them are done. Right now, most of the ones that have been finished are thoroughly unsexy - like replacing the 70's era garage door opener and the extremely old bathroom fans.

I was nowhere near able to do a cycle in February and based on the dates for my current cycle, plus estimated due dates, it looks like the first ovulation that works for my schedule will happen in early to mid-May. But I did do a test run with OPKs during the March/April cycle. More on that next time.



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on moving in to your new place! So exciting your close to starting to try! Sending lots of good thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete