Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2016

The Universe Giveth, the Universe Taketh Away

The apartments that I've watched being built since sometime last summer finally put a sign up saying they were ready to start leasing, along with an email address to contact for information. Prior to that, there was no way to get information on these places as there is no website for the complex (yet).

So I emailed them and received a very nice reply listing details for the complex, along with a rental application.

Since these apartments have so many more amenities than any other place in town I anticipated that they would be more expensive, and I set my rent budget at a level that was high, yet still doable for me.
Unfortunately, the rental prices for these apartments far outstrip my budget and are, frankly, exceedingly high for my town. You basically need two incomes to afford a one-bedroom or a single income that is so high you'd be better off buying a house or a condo.

Back to square one on the living situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment