Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2015

"The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things..." *

Ever since the turning of the year I've had a strong feeling that it's time. The year is nearly over and the feeling has only gotten stronger, so after thinking it over for a while I have come up with a date to officially start TTC - January 2017!!!

That's only 13 months away, which often feels like a lifetime, but there are things I need to do between now and then which should hopefully keep me busy and help me prepare. I've even started crossing things off of my Prep for TTC to-do list already!

Why this date? Well, it's for a couple reasons. I should be moved into my own place by then, it gives me time to get some things done, gives me time to save more money as well as to plan, and I should have an idea of how my business fairs by then. Not only is January the start of a new year and a great time for new beginnings but if I start in January I will have about six tries before a due date would interfere too much with running my business (which is seasonal and will run from early May to late September with flexible dates on either end).

However, not to rain on my own parade, but although I am declaring January 2017 as my official start date there is still the possibility that the date could change for any number of reasons. The most likely one would be because of an issue with my business or work situation. But, barring no major complications, I have a good feeling about selecting January 2017 as my start date.

Let the preparation begin!!!



* "The Walrus and The Carpenter" by Lewis Carroll - This line of the poem (and only this line) gets stuck in my head all the time.

2 comments:

  1. Exciting! I'm sure it feels great to have set a timeline for yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! The next year will fly by, I am sure. Very exciting

    ReplyDelete