Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Back to the Drawing Board

I don't think I'll retire my sewing machine just yet, but now that I'm done with my costume I want to get back to the one hobby I have loved since childhood - drawing.

I haven't seriously put pencil to paper in a very, very long time and I find lately that my head is filled with images just itching to be drawn. Plus, a few years ago I was able to acquire the art desk my grandfather built for my grandma to do her art on. They were trying to sell it in a garage sale and I offered to buy it but they insisted on giving it to me instead. Ever since then it has lived in the sewing room and is currently used as a table to hold extra sewing supplies, but I hope to free it from the corner soon and put it to its intended use.

However, I get a little nervous thinking about taking up drawing again. I'm worried that my drawing skills will be a bit rusty and I'll be disappointed in myself. Drawing was always a source of pride for me when I was younger, but it has been so long since I've tried that I worry I won't be able to do justice to the images in my head. That was always the hardest part of drawing for me, taking an image from inside my head and getting it right on paper.

Found this on Pinterest. I'm glad I'm not alone in this.

2 comments:

  1. Just draw...don't judge yourself & just keep drawing & you'll hone (sp?) your skill. I know what you mean about having ideas you want to get out of your head & onto paper. I get that feeling often too.

    ReplyDelete