Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Eternal Optimist?

Anybody else do this? Whenever I see a guy who is my type, or close to it, and we have at least one thing in common my mind runs away with me and I start to picture how our future together could play out. Little vignettes of me introducing him to my friends and family, of us falling in love begin popping into my head.

It seems to be an instantaneous reaction that most assuredly comes from my heart and not my brain because one thing I've learned over the years is that my heart lives in a candy-coated world of rainbows and unicorns where maybe, just maybe wishing hard enough will bring true love.

It took me many years, and a couple embarrassing instances of one-sided "love" to finally separate my brain from my heart. Now when my heart begins it's little song and dance the rest of me just laughs and gets on with reality.



3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, so totally understand this! I even go so far as to think about wether the man will physically "pass" as being my son's biological father! A. It isn't going to happen, and B. Who cares if this guy bares a resemblance to my son or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely still do and I am definitely "old enough to know better." Of course I also do it with the embryo transfer, the thought of a new job, etc.

    ReplyDelete