Pages

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pat on the Back

I spend a lot of time putting myself down. All I have to do is look in a mirror to get the inner commentary going. Yet saying nice things about myself to other people feels like bragging. So often in real life I just keep quiet and hide my accomplishments. It seems easier that way.
But in the spirit of being nicer to myself I thought, for once, I would like to give myself a pat on the back. So here goes.

I got all A's in my classes this semester, a 4.0 GPA. This isn't the first 4.0 GPA I've gotten but it is the first where I've walked away with nearly 100% in every class, even 115% in one class thanks to getting 100% on every assignment and test plus bonus points!
I was worried about returning to school seven years after I graduated college the first time but apparently studying for tests and writing essays is much like riding a bike - it all comes back when you need it to.

One more school-related pat on the back. For my business class we had to come up with a business for our final project that was different from everyone else in class and we were randomly called on to shout out our ideas. When my turn came I said my business would be crafts. My professor was skeptical of this and joked to the class that the idea sounded like crap.
Because I am stubborn I went with it anyway and while I noticed he critiqued several other people's business projects he told me mine was great just the way it was and that I was his best student. He even told a friend of mine at a bar (long story) that should I ever need any help starting my business to give him a call and then left his number with my friend. (Not in a creepy way, he genuinely was offering his help if I need it).

4 comments:

  1. I love that you went with the idea that he didn't like - I bet he did, too, once he saw how great your plan was. Congrats on the straight A's! Not easy to do, even when you work hard at it.

    We should all give ourselves more pats on the back and less negative comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! It isn't easy jumping back into classes (which is why I've avoided it), but it sounds like it is going very, very well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous on the 4.0 semester!!! I'm glad it went really well and I am glad that you stuck to your guns about your project and "proved your professor wrong." That is really cool.

    Sometimes we have to tell others our achievements; people are so busy and focused on their lives that unfortunately most do not even notice. When I get a sweet email from a parent of one of my tutoring students, I always make a point to show it to one of my bosses. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for such awesome grades!! You deserve that pat on your back!!

    ReplyDelete