My birthday yesterday was nice. I went to dinner with my parents then we had some of the peanut butter chocolate pie that I made and watched a movie. Later today we celebrate with the rest of the family.
I think I'm in denial about turning 29, I still feel as if I should be somewhere around age 25. I think it's because there are so many things I wanted to do that I haven't done yet so it feels like I'm aging too quickly. Other people, (friends, family, normal people) have accomplished so much by this age and I guess I haven't really hit any of the normal adult "milestones" yet, like getting a place of my own, getting married, and having kids, so I don't really feel much like an adult much less an adult who is a year away from turning 30.
But I am determined not to waste this year. I'm going to make the most of 29 and do the things I want to do and work harder than before to meet the goals I have set out to achieve. First step: conquering my fears.
Happy birthday!!! Hope you have a wonderful time with your family. :)
ReplyDeleteI read somewhere that age 32 is some magical age that many people look back on and think of as their favorite year. At 33, I still don't feel like a grown up despite having hit several of those milestones....I don't think I will ever feel like an "adult".
Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteI like your first goal - it's a hard one, but makes all your other goals so much more attainable!
Happy belated birthday! I hope this year is full of successes for you!
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday!
ReplyDeleteTry not to feel too worried about those milestones. It's becoming more and more common for young people to see delays in reaching those milestones because of school debt and the economy. I never thought I'd reach any of them, but I eventually did, even though I was well into my 30s before it happened.
Anyway, I hope this will be a wonderful year for you. :)