Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Updates

I have a couple of different topics floating around my head so this will have to be a bullet post.

  • My work situation is kind of odd right now. I signed on with a temp agency and was able to get a job through them that is expected to go through sometime in June. However, after one week of work all of us temporary employees were given a "spring break" until the mail picks up again and we have more work to do. They thought it might be a break of about a week but it will be two weeks tomorrow since I have been on break. I'm really hoping they call again soon so I can get back to working.
  • As for my old job, my boss has been out of town for most of March and April, with the exception of a few days. I haven't talked to her personally but I know business has been slow and I don't think she is in a situation right now where she can support four full-time employees. She did relate to me, through my friend that still works there, that I can come in a couple evenings a week and help my friend with certain projects and that she will pay me for that, so that is nice - every little bit helps!
  • Other than these two situations my career future is still a giant question mark. At times I feel as if I've been given a chance to start over and I could go back to school for anything I want. I could go to graduate school like I wanted or I could go to school for something boring useful, haha! I could start my own business but it scares me to dip into my savings for start-up capital on something that might not pan out. Then again more schooling might not land me the kind of job I want either, so it's really a gamble either way.
  • One good outcome of being on "spring break" - I finished my scrapbook!!! Also, I have decided that I will not be scrapbooking the trip I took last year as scrapbooking takes too much of my time, money, and creative energy. Plus, while I enjoy the finished product I really don't enjoy the process all that much so that is that. All of those supplies are in storage now waiting (hopefully) for the day when I can perhaps create a pregnancy scrapbook (something that sounds appealing now, but we will see if I have the energy for it when the time comes).

Now I just need to catch up more on my blog reading and commenting. I hope you all are doing great!

2 comments:

  1. Well that stinks with the Spring Break :( But nice that your old boss will let you work some nights :)
    Scrapbook--yep, that is for reals what I need to get working on-right after I get my quilt for my bed made and the crib skirt with the fabric I just bought :) So, congrats on the book!! I hope you do have the energy to work on a pregnancy book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to look at this as a chance to start over. It's tough to know the best directon to go though. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete