(Thank you to everyone who commented on my last post. I know many of you
understand how hard it is to lose a pet and your comments were very much
appreciated.)
I miss my little princess so much. She really was the sweetest cat in the world. Never once did she bite, scratch, or hiss at me (or anyone). I don't think there will ever be another cat like her.
Last Thursday and Friday were really hard at work. I just wanted to tell everyone to shove it and then go curl up in a ball and cry. I was weepy all day at work, trying really hard not to cry in front of everyone, but my brain would just go there and I couldn't help it.
Home feels very lonely without my sweetheart, despite my parents living here. It's just not the same without her. I keep thinking I hear her meowing outside my bedroom door and I start to get up to let her in when I realize she's not there. I catch glimpses of black out of the corner of my eye and expect it to be her but it's not. I find myself wondering if she'll be in my room wanting her usual rubs when I come home from work, only to remember that she won't be.
I knew one day she would pass on. Her age was getting to her more and more since July and I thought I was prepared for this eventuality but you know, I never actually thought it would happen.
It's so hard. I lost both of my dogs within the last year and I still think about them and miss them every day. All you can do, really, is to allow yourself to grieve.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you. *hugs*
I still have days that it dawns on me that I my doggy is gone. Intellectually it makes sense but my heart aches for him so I am sorry you are going through this. It gets better each day and then you can enjoy your happy memories.
ReplyDeleteIts hard losing a pet. I am so sorry.
ReplyDelete