Note: If I show up twice in your list of followers it is because I had to delete the old email address that this blog began under and transition over to a new email. Which meant recreating my profile and manually adding back all the blogs I was following before the beginning of April. I'm still working the kinks out, along with figuring out this new Blogger setup as well as a new internet navigator.
Well, I was able to go to my appointment on Wednesday. My doctor was concerned about the four periods in the last two months and has ordered some blood tests. I asked her about CD3 tests and she confirmed that the clinic does do them and she ordered them to be done too. So the next time CD3 rolls around I will have all the tests done at once. According the lab request it looks like I will have a Comprehensive Metabolic Panel, DHEA Sulfate, Estradiol, FSH, LH, Testosterone, T4 Free, TSH, and CBC. I think I need to Google a few of these as I don't know what some of them are for, though Dr. K did mention getting my thyroid retested as well as the possibility of PCOS so some of the tests must be for those.
I'm really hoping the next CD3 falls on a week day when I can just walk into the lab during their hours and have this done. Apparently if it falls on a weekend I have to go to the emergency room and tell them I need to have labs done. I'm not too excited by the prospect of going to the emergency room for a non-emergency.
Depending on the test results my doctor mentioned that I may have to go on progesterone for a while or a low-dose BCP for a few months to see if my cycle can get regulated.
In other news it was my birthday yesterday. We had been having unseasonably warm weather at the beginning of the week and I thought this was my chance to finally have an ice cream cake for my birthday. Well, the weather yesterday was very windy with a few flakes of snow and a high of about 49. I had the ice cream cake anyway.
Happy belated birthday! Good luck with your cycle and testing.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Glad your Dr is being so thorough!
ReplyDeletePS I have a habit of DQ Blizzards while its 40 below in January.
Happy belated birthday! Wow! They would want you to go to the ER? My doc does Day 3 bloodwork days 2 through five. Good luck with all the testing. :-)
ReplyDeleteHappy Bithday! Good luck with your tests.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Isis! Sounds like you have a proactive doctor, good luck with the testing. :)
ReplyDelete