Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Surgery For Sis

My sister had surgery for endometriosis yesterday. This is something new for her as she has not had symptoms up until about a year ago (the onset was probably delayed due to her pregnancies). But once it started it grew rapidly because the doctor said he removed quite a lot of endo from her.
In fact it is something new for me too because, as seems to be the tradition in my family, I am the last to know these things. It was only a week ago that my mother told me what my sister was having surgery for and how long she'd had symptoms. Like my ears are too innocent (ha!) at age 27 to hear about anything having to do with that region of the body. But familial lack of communication aside....
The surgery went well, except she had a really pushy nurse who made her get dressed before she was fully recovered from the anesthesia and kept making her sit up in the bed even though sitting made her nauseous and dizzy and made her abdomen hurt worse.
But my sister is at her home now and recovering nicely, for which I am very glad.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I *hate* day surgery situations where they treat it as a factory and you are just another "finished piece" to get out the door. I hope that your sister is recovering well from the surgery.

    ReplyDelete