Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Money, Money, Money - What if? Part 9

Will I really be able to afford single parenthood?

"Money, money, money
Must be funny
In a rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In a rich man's world
Aha-ahaaa
All the things I could do
If I had a little money
It's a rich man's world..."
- ABBA

Parenthood is not free. This should come as no surprise to just about everybody. And I know without even doing the math that there is no way I can afford it at my current wage. And every day that goes by I grow acutely more aware of how much closer I am to 30 and how much further from my dream. Because I draw my line at bringing children into this world when I know, before they are even created, that I can't afford them. So I am on the hunt for a way to make more money. A new job, a part-time job, a day at the races, something!


"So I must leave
I'll have to go
To Las Vegas or Monaco
And win a fortune in a game
My life would never be the same..."
- ABBA


As you can see, I've already been to Vegas. Beginner's luck on the blackjack tables netted me about $30.

1 comment:

  1. It is always fun to see a blogger's picture for the first time (I don't have the guts to do this just yet). You are adorable!

    ReplyDelete