Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Times They Are a Changin'

I have decided that I will be moving out sometime before May 13, 2016. That date will mark the ten-year anniversary of me moving back in after I graduated college the first time. I have no desire to make it an even ten years, so I am declaring to the universe that that is my plan. Those of you reading the blog can hold me accountable to it.

I imagine that when I do move out, I will move into an apartment. This means some problems and annoyances but it's either that or stay home, and I just can't stay home forever.

Unless, of course, I snag a great job, or two, or three. That might make it possible to buy a home next spring, if the bank would look kindly on my job situation. But, I'm not counting on that, so I'll stick with my apartment plan for now.

Now I need to decide what I can and can't live without as far as apartments go. There isn't a lot of good selection in my town, and even studios seem rather pricey. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what is available when the time comes.


2 comments:

  1. Try to get a top floor apartment. It can make a world of difference in apartment living. Good luck with the search.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sort of how I ended up with a house. I declared I was going to move by a specific date in the future. I actually did this twice, but whatever, I pretty much made my first date anyway. It was probably a SMART goal I set, but one of the tasks was to define how I was going to make this happen. It ended up working for me and you seem much more organized than I am so I would say that you'll be in an appartment within the next year.

    ReplyDelete