Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Going Somewhere, Slowly

I've known for a while now that I wouldn't make my original goal of starting TTC at age 30. But it really hit home when I quit that last crappy job and started up school again. And ever since then I have debated what to do with this blog.

I intended for this space to focus on Thinking, Planning, Trying, Becoming, Being, etc. A way to connect with other women who were going down the same path. This was supposed to be a place to share the feelings I have about this process that I can't share with anyone in real life.

But here I am two and half years later and the Thinking phase is done. Unless the mythical Mr. Right sees fit to gallop up in shining armor, I will become a Single Mother by Choice. My mind is made up on that.

Next has come the Planning phase, and honestly until I can set an actual TTC start date, I am afraid there isn't much more I can do in this phase. At least nothing worth writing about. So I am stuck.

My blog doesn't really belong amongst the blogs I follow anymore and I feel rather stupid for starting it so far ahead of when I actually needed to.

And yet, I've found I like blogging, at least when I find the time for it. And I enjoy following everyone's journeys. So I really don't know what to do. Should I come up with a photo challenge? Talk about my crafts or other projects? Do a combination of things? That might occupy a little time, but for all I know it will be years before I can move on to the Trying phase.

What do I do with this space in the meantime?

8 comments:

  1. I say do whatever feels right. This is your space - you belong because it's yours. People can choose to read or not. You might be surprised that people might be interested in other aspects of "you." Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your blog has been a very important voice in the SMC community as many blogs start when they start TTC & just touch on how they got to that point (including mine). Yours has been very interesting from a different angle, earlier in the process & any woman considering SMC would benefit from reading yours.

    Ultimately it's your space & you do with it what you like but don't feel like you don't belong. You do as much as the rest if us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My blogs have both evolved along my journey and neither one can honestly be called an SMC blog anymore. Thankfully my friends have still hung in there. I know I will still be here to read whatever you write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the others. We all categorize things too much. Let it just be a blog about you. I haven't done any actual TTC for over a year and my blog often isn't about that.

    For the record I'd love a photo challenge or posts about crafting. I love those things and it would feel like getting a different perspective into a friends life. Have you thought of a 365 photo challenge. That would 'take up' a year and is a really good thing to do on a personal level.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My TTC didn't start at the same time as my blog did either. I agree with what everyone else said. This is your space and you can do as you like with it. I'm happy to support you and answer any questions you may have as you move into the planning stage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started my blog LONG before I started trying to get pregnant. A lot of it was my decision process, telling friends/family, researching daycares, pricing diapers, saving for daycare, picking a donor, all of my bazillion attempts at getting pregnant, and now life with my little guy. I look back and am grateful that my son can see "our" story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read a few blogs when I was in the thinking and then planning stages, and would have loved to have found a blog like yours. I enjoy reading your posts, no matter what the subject, and like the others have said, would love to follow your journey over the next few years as you make your way to planning and then trying. Though I hope it's not TOO many years! :)

    ReplyDelete