Pages

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Time Warp

I can't believe it's been a month since my last post. Where has all the time gone?? I have about ten deeper posts sitting in draft mode right now but I can't seem to form thoughts coherent enough to get my meaning across, so for this post I will stick to an update of my life right now.

For the past five weeks I have been using this training schedule to get myself prepared for the upcoming Zombie 5K that I signed up for.
The training schedule is really meant for a running track but my gym doesn't have one and it is too hot to go outside so I have modified it for treadmill and elliptical. It's a fairly easy training routine which is probably why I haven't lost a single pound since I started it. If I do happen to lose a pound it magically reappears the next time I weigh myself. So, it's definitely not a routine for losing weight, let's hope it's at least conditioning me to face a 5K racecourse full of zombies and obstacles. Only two more weeks until race day, yikes!

As I have been training I have also been more aware of what I eat and how much I am eating. I've really been trying to be good about making healthier food choices, not having dessert when I am feeling full, and limiting my portions closer to an actual serving size. Apparently my efforts in this regard have also not paid off as far as losing weight goes but I think I am heading down the right road.

In other news, I have tabled any plans to move out of town or out of state for the moment and am officially signed up to take classes at the local college this coming semester. I'm not thrilled about returning to the land of homework and such, but if it gets me where I need to be then good.

2 comments:

  1. Try measuring yourself; I'll bet you're smaller than you were and have more muscles. Sounds like a plan to go back to school. Decisions are good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how time can get away from us! Good for you for the training, I agree with Evelyn, lbs aren't always the best measure for success.

    Good luck with back to school!

    ReplyDelete