Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Scattered to the Winds

So many of my friends are moving, have moved recently, or will be moving within the next year. I'm beginning to think it might be contagious.

This very week a friend and her husband moved to Oregon while another friend moved to North Carolina.

In May a friend moved to Idaho and another friend hopes to join her there in a year.

At the end of summer another friend is moving to Indiana.

And in about half a year another friend and her husband will be moving to the east coast - probably in or near New Jersey.

This is on top of one of my closest friends moving to Arizona a couple years ago and another friend moving a couple weeks ago to a brand new custom built home in a nearby town.

Except for my BFF my town is now pretty much devoid of friends. And in the next year or so, my whole state will be practically devoid of friends as well.

This, plus my friend B trying to convince me to move where she is now, has got me wondering if I should join in this "great migration".

B's new town does offer some advantages on the jobs and fertility front (there's actually an RE's office in the town - more on the RE situation in my state in another post). But it has some disadvantages for raising kids (no family nearby).

Still, I think I just might consider applying there for any appealing jobs that pop up.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds as though things are pointing you in the direction of moving somewhere new. I hope you can find a great job in a place you'll love to be.

    ReplyDelete