Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Sweet Surprise

I really need to blog more often. I've been meaning to post about this for a while now.

Last fall I posted about Ghost Kitty and how "he" had been coming around my work to be fed. Well, as winter wore on and the weather turned bitter cold my coworker J and I started letting Ghost Kitty come inside to eat hoping that the scaredy cat would get used to us.
Eventually it became a ritual to let Ghosty indoors to be fed, and for playtime, despite the weather slightly warming up. So it wasn't out of the norm for J to let Ghost Kitty in one evening back in March (St. Patrick's Day to be exact). What wasn't normal, he realized the next morning, was that Ghosty had never asked to be let back out.
And that's when we found out for sure that Ghost Kitty was not a "he" as we had assumed because she decided to have a couple kittens in a hidden corner behind our cash register. In retrospect it was not her smartest move as that area is in the center of all the action. But she quickly figured that out and three days later when she felt it was safe she moved the kittens to the basement which has served everyone well.
So for the last six and a half weeks we have watched two kittens grow and play and explore. It warms my heart every time I get to go to the basement and see them.
And even though no one has ever been able to get close enough to Ghosty to pet her, she has let us pet and hold her kittens. Though she keeps a very watchful eye on us.
And now for pictures (I apologize in advance for the mess in this part of the basement, and the carpet leftover from the 1970s)

Around 4 weeks old

About 5 weeks old - up and playing


The little family

Peeking out

4 comments:

  1. Oh, they are too cute! It has to add a little bit of fun to work to be able to see them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, look at the sweet babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete