So, after playing phone tag with my doctor for a couple of days I finally got to talk to her about my test results. Turns out I have slightly elevated testosterone (417 on a scale where 65-380 is considered normal). She then started asking me if I have any excess facial hair and whether it was shave-worthy (it's not). My answer seemed to make her reluctant to declare that I have anything other than slightly high testosterone. I really was not expecting to have a mini consultation over the phone (talking on the phone + talking to a doctor = nervousness and anxiety for me) so I don't think I effectively communicated the other symptoms I have that might point to mild PCOS.
However, she did say she was willing to give me a prescription for BCPs (I said I'd think about it - my last cycle was 26 days so it is moving in the right direction). She also offered to refer me to an endocrinologist (the closest is about 70 miles away). Again, I said I'd think about it. I guess I need to look into it more because I don't really see what they could do right now while I'm not TTC other than confirm that I have a higher testosterone level than normal.
As for my CD3 tests, the results are:
FSH = 5.93
LH = 2.54
E2 = 21
All are considered to be within normal range so I am very happy about that. It is one less stress off my mind at the moment.
And my doctor says the rest of my tests (for thyroid, etc) came back alright so that is good. Although I notice some of the test results are listed as high or low, but I'm sure she would have said something if they were worrisome.
While I really don't understand the numbers (can't even remember blood pressure numbers), I know for me that I feel better when I have all the information. So good luck.
ReplyDelete